Sunday, November 9, 2008

A little bit less of me

Most of you know that I've started this diet called Smart For Life. Yeah diets kinda suck and what not, but I feel that this was the only way for me to actually get serious about losing weight. I've tried the whole eating healthy thing and whenever there was temptation, I would fail. I hate only being able to eat one meal a day, but this diet is working. Somehow I'm able to look completely past all the bad. I don't forget that the bad is there, but I'm able to look past it all. So far I've lost about 15 pounds in a total of 6 weeks, which I think is the healthy way to do it. They guarantee 15 pounds a month, but I'm not doing it as strictly as I'm supposed to and I'm okay with that. I'm not going to kill myself for a diet. I go in every Tuesday night after work and get weighed in. I'm thinking I may not be losing any weight this week 'cause I cheated on Friday night and had 3 small cookies...Bad Lauren. But I try to tell myself that I'm only human and sometimes tempation is going to be there and it's going to win. I haven't started working out yet. My mom and I are going to begin walking around the park again every night. And eventually I want to join a Zumba class. Yeah, bay-bay! As soon as I start working out, I think the weight will start to pour off. I'm completely excited though. I've never really lost weight on a diet before. So this is all new to me. I'm trying not to let it all get to my head though. But it amazes me how much of a difference people notice. Honestly, I don't think you're able to tell that much, but then again I see myself every day. People are always telling me how skinny I look, which is nice. I never realized how out of hand I let my weight get. The problem is that I'm not in high school anymore. While I was in high school, I wanted so badly to fit in with all my skinny friends. That was my motivation to lose weight. Then post high school, I didn't see all the skinny people as often and I started to become content with the way I looked, which isn't a bad thing. But I let it get out of hand. I would see myself in some pictures and think, oh my goodness, that's humiliating. That's when I decided I needed to start doing something about it. And here I am today.

Well, I didn't mean for this blog to be as long as it is. Thanks for stopping by :) Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful weather we're having today! Have a great week!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You definetely need to delete that picture of philip and me off of your wall!!!

And I'm so proud of you. :)