Thursday, November 13, 2008

Can Someone Please Take The Knife Out Of My Heart?

I got the dreaded phone call last night. Over the past few months, the company my dad now works for has debated on where to move him. First it was just between Tucson and Austin. Then Tucson was pretty much out of the picture and it was definitely going to be Austin. And then a couple weeks ago, his bossed asked him what he thought about Iowa. Well folks, it looks like my family members are going to be farmers. Iowa it is and bummed I am. It felt like someone had honestly ripped my heart out, stomped on it, threw it in a blender, and then stomped on it some more. I'm not going to pretend like I'm not sad because I am truly devastated. But at the same time I'm not going to be selfish. This is a great opportunity for all of them. My dad is very proud of his new VP position and so am I. I am going to need some reassurance that everything will work out though. I've been crying a lot off and on over the past 24 hours, which I think I'm entitled to do. The thing is, I knew this was going to happen and yet I wasn't at all prepared for it. But when the time comes, I'm going to suck it up, wish them luck, give them the biggest hug ever, and tell them I'll be seeing them soon. But right now I'm going to take advantage of the time I have left with them. This is all I have to say for now. There's so much running through my head at the moment and it's all jumbled up and not coming out clear. Just know that I love you guys.

1 comment:

Julie said...

This whole thing is hard for ME, so I can hardly imagine how hard it must be for you. Just know that I'm still here for you (and will always be) and even though this is the best thing for your family right now, it was probably the hardest thing for them to make this decision. If you ever want to just pack up and visit them and need a buddy to go with, just let me know and I'll be there for you. I love you lalakins!